Monday, August 08, 2005

My brother, Will and his Girlfriend

So, my brother is 19 and in college, and very bright. I'm talking scholarships, premed, and all those other words that you say to impress people, only he really is impressive. I hung out with he and his girlfriend for a while last night, and I'm having one of those days where I keep thinking I should say something to him about his girlfriend, but I have no clue haw I could phrase it so that he'd be open to hearing it.

She is in highschool, and (I say this with no intention to insult her) she looks like she's 12, but she's 16. The legal consenting age aside, my dad made it clear to Will that he didn't approve and didn't want her spending the night while he was out of town. Of course, last night, they announced that was their plans an they were leaving. But it's not just that. She's getting problems on her end, too. She had to leave for 30 minutes so she could go to her friend's house to call her dad from that number so he'd think she was spending the night with her and not Will. In addition to that, she borrowed Will's car to do this, and called him with the hysterical idea to tell him that she drove it into a ditch. I get it - it's a joke - and maybe I'm reading into it, but the whole situation had me on guard.

I really think he's being very wreckless in this situation. For example, letting a girl he's not supposed to be seeing drive his car. Also, I really think that he's misjuding her parent's intelligence. I know that this stuff can come to light with minimal investigation on her parent's part, and I'm worried that he could get himself into really big trouble over something that seems to me as being more of a status, " heh, i'm dating a highschool chick" thing rather than anything that is worth it.

I know that last statement sort of came out judgemental, but I know my brother and how he acts in situations that he's taking seriously, and he just seems to be humored by her rather than actually interested in her. I do know people can make connections over age gaps, but I really feel like the situation is taking some moralistic risks that I'd wish he'd rethink.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shiggy said...

Leave yourself out of it. He'll learn or not learn, she'll learn or not learn. Be there for him because he's your brother, but he is old enough to make his own mistakes. You'll be better for it.

8:34 PM  
Blogger Kassi42 said...

*nods* Good advice. I'm going to be leaving it alone. Sometimes it's difficult to remember that just because I care about something doesn't mean that it's any of my business.

10:53 PM  
Blogger blackvelvetjesus said...

Agreemification with the pig.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://mbpnzutq.com/fiur/njms.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bcgbsfzm.com/egjj/fjnm.html]Cool site[/url]

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://mbpnzutq.com/fiur/njms.html | http://otoaxdfg.com/mvxc/atto.html

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home