Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Karaoke Revolution

The BBQ went well, the band was awesome, and there were about 70 people who ended up coming. More than half of the attendees were in town from Cali to the East Coast, and places in between. I did get a chance to chat with a lot of the fans who came in, but I found myself socialzing more with the locals. I've found that being in a "convention" setting has started to lose its appeal (just for the record the BBQ was hardly a convention - a lot of gamers, just no cosplay and I was one of like 5 girls there).

During the night, someone brought out the game Karaoke Revolution and I was surprised at how fun it looked. It comes with a microphone that you plug into the usb port on the PS2 (I think it's also out for Xbox). The microphone picks up the pitch of whoever is singing, creating a point system on how well you sing Karaoke. The game looked so much fun that Greg and I ended up buying a used copy of one of the mixes the next day. Greg really cracked me up when he performed - nearly flawlessly "I will survive" - setting the new high score. Greg really never was interested in Karaoke, but being such an avid gamer, you put a point system to anything, and he'll be interested.

At the BBQ itself, I had an embarrassing experience as I just ran off "stage" when my turn came up. I was overwhelmed with anxiety of "performing" in front of a crowd, even though I knew that I wouldn't do bad - something about the drunk people wailing out the lines I was supposed to be singing coupled with people yelling at me to stand up just set me off. It's odd - I wonder how many people thought much of that and how many people don't even remember.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as I know how to love I know I'll stay alive.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Michael Orr said...

I would of ran off of the stage too. There is no amount of alcoholic beverages that will get me participate in karaoke.

1:31 PM  
Blogger fabulon7 said...

I did a mean-assed version of some Ricky Martin song once. That was enough. I've retired.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home