Thursday, July 28, 2005

One Up Studios BBQ

There are several ways to go about posting this, none of them short. The basics is this: my best friend for the past decade, Mustin, owns a music production company. I met my boyfriend, Greg, through this as he plays violin for several projects for my friend, including the OneUps , a band that plays video game music. Anyway, this weekend is the third annual BBQ for his company and I'm really excited. People from all over the US are coming out to hear the band live, and I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of new faces.

One thing, though. I've become a sort of icon for OneUp Studios, and with that comes a role that isn't as comfortable to play now vs. 4 years ago (when you're young, roles seem to come and go pretty quickly as you're coming to terms with who you are). Anyway, I'm going over to Mustin's tonight as a lot of people are already in town. It will be interesting to say the least.

Did I mention how painfully introverted I am?

4 Comments:

Blogger blackvelvetjesus said...

When you say introverted, do you mean that you're shy, or that you're not prone to pointless jibba-jabba?

I prefer an economy of language instead of a flood of it.

8:38 AM  
Blogger blackvelvetjesus said...

I'm partial to the yabba and the dabba, but not so fond of the do.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Kassi42 said...

I rarely have conversations that I would deem pointless. When I say I'm introverted I mean that I get exhausted from crowds, I don't tend to speak to new people unless spoken to, and in a "party" setting, I'm more prone to being a wall flower.

On the Internet, it's manifested in my "lurking". I lurked on linkfilter for a full year before really diving into the community.

4:26 PM  
Blogger beaglebot said...

I felt like you tallked plenty when I met you, it was enjoybale. No janna-jabba at all.

Oh, you've beenadded to the Encylopedia as well.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home